Thursday, April 10, 2008

I Believe...

A lot of people try to keep up with the Joneses. I am trying to keep up with my daughter, DeAnn. I find that I am often Mama-challenged because I never saw "it" coming.

Below I've taken the Parent's Oath of Offense

I BELIEVE:

  • my child has the right to express herself (but less than 20 times on the same subject in a whiny voice).

  • my child has the right to make choices (as long as it doesn't cost Mama and Papa money and is not a threat to anyone's health: both mental and physical).

  • my daughter has the right to decide what to wear each day as a form of self-expression (as long as she's not trying to express that she's a member of the Pussycats or an exotic dancer).

  • my daughter can accomplish anything she sets her mind to (as long as it's not to drive her Mama and Papa insane or to make us grandparents when she is 13).

  • my daughter has the right to be loved unconditionally (as long as...oops...this would not qualify as unconditionally) by her parents who know that though she is "Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone,But still miraculously my own...

Never forget for a single minute,You didn’t grow under my heart - but in it"

– Author:Fleur Conkling Heylinger

No comments: